Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Monday... What are you reading?



As seen on Book Journey. In Sheila's words:

What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

So here's what I'm reading:

Currently Reading/To Read This Week:

I've actually been reading this one for a while. It has just been sitting on my "Currently Reading" shelf (both literally and at Goodreads) forever. I need to pick it up again soon!
I love reading short stories in between longer stories. They are something of a palate cleanser, so to speak, but just lately I haven't really been in the mood for science fiction. (Maybe tomorrow! :P)

This is a re-read for me to follow up The Talisman from last week's reading. I really and truly love these stories, and Black House is much, much darker and more adult and grittier than The Talisman. (Plus, I just love adult Jack Sawyer!)
I set this one down the other day due to some extenuating circumstances, but hope to squeeze it in soon.


I just started this one yesterday, and it's pretty interesting already. Pretty funny and light and fun. :)







Read Last Week

I love this book. I've read it... I don't know how many times. Definitely a favorite. I'll post a review here soon! :)






I listened to this one on audio, and while the story was good, the reader definitely was not. If you pick this one up, get the deadtree version and do your own voices. Look for a review to come!




I recognize that this is a classic, but I'd expected much more than this one delivered. It was good, but I'd hoped to be moved much more than I was. Look for my review to come.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hopping by my blog, Becky.
    Victoria Laurie is one of my favourite paranormal authors. Do you read Juliet Blackwell's books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlyn! No I haven't read any of her books yet. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete