Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I ain't gettin', I ain't gettin' out of bed today...

...OK, that's a lie, because as you read this, I am out of bed and working. I scheduled this post. Yes, I did. But I WISH I was still in bed, reading the day away. If I could afford it, I would play hooky and just read.

If only someone would pay me to read! Why is this not a thing I can do??

*sigh* Since I'm *sob* not doing any re-reads this year, I'm going to follow my own rule and not list re-reads for my Top Ten... so these are the new-to-me books that I would stay home today and read, if I could. I can include books I'm currently reading, though, right? Because that's number one on my list:

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson: I'm currently reading this one and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I can see some similarities to Sanderson's other books, and it does feel like a first book... for Sanderson. Which is like saying it's a 5th book for anyone else. Great stuff. I love him. :D
The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson: I LOOOOOVED Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy, so I am super excited to revisit that world. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the what has happened there since I last visited.
Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King: It's not out yet but sooooooooon! (O_O) More Dark Tower for me!!! OMG.. You have no idea how excited this makes me. I think I might really put in for time off from work so I can read nonstop! ...I am not even joking. The Dark Tower series is one of my all time favorites, so a new book in the series, when I thought it was done... that's huge. HUGE. I may die.
Roadwork by Stephen King: This is the only published book of King's I haven't read yet! I really should get on that soon... ;) King's Bachman stories are always dark and gritty, so this should be very interesting reading! LOL
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman: I've read most of Gaiman's stuff (except his Sandman series), and I love him. This is a collection of short stories I've been meaning to read, so if I was playing hooky today, I'd fit this in!
Dust City by Robert Paul Weston: This one just looks really interesting, and a little quirky, so I'm interested to see whether it's as good as it looks. Dark and gritty YA Big Bad Wolf retelling, FTW!
Summer Knight (Dresden Files #4) by Jim Butcher: Number four in the series, and I've loved each book so far. I hear it just keeps getting better and better, which is fantastic news because I love them already!
Timeless by Gail Carriger: Just love this series. It's fun and funny and there are zombie hedgehogs... what other reason do I need?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: I've heard nothing but greatness about this book, so I'm excited to get to this one. Plus it's the current group read in my Joe Hill group, so I should probably participate. ;)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson: I have heard more rave reviews about this one, and my friend Jessica swears that she could not put it down until she finished the trilogy, so I want to read this one very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great list! Stieg Larsson made my Top Ten as well. Would love for you to stop by and check it out. New follower via GFC :)

    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could stay in bed all day as well - even though it's Sunday, there's a to-do list a mile long taped to my fridge. Hopefully I'll get everything done before tonight so I can curl up and read. I just bought a new book that I'm anxious to start - "Forgiving the Unforgivable" by Master Charles Cannon (http://forgivingtheunforgivable.com), but unfortunately the kitchen has to be cleaned before I can enjoy it :-)

    As far as your picks, I haven't read any of them except for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. However, Ready Player One sounds excellent and I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete