Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thrift Store Score 3

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

I don't usually do many IMM posts. But today I'm doing one, because I'm kind of excited about the books I've acquired this week.

I did two book buying splurges this weekend... one at the thrift store around the corner from my house... (Seriously... DANGER ZONE.), and one at a local bargain store that is, thankfully, across town.

Here's what I got.

Thrift store (Used books): 

Robert Bloch's Psychos (A collection of horror stories)
Shadowland by Peter Straub (Sorry for the craptacular pic of that one!)
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin 
P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (OMG, even the first page made me cry!!)
A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Bargain Store (New Books): 

Dust City by Robert Paul Wilson
Endgame by Nancy Garden
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga

And finally... 
The Talisman Graphic Novel, Vol. 1: The Road of Trials
OMG. I paid $3.99 for this. It's PERFECT. ♥♥♥

Excuse me while I squee all over the place!  SQUEE! :D

The Talisman is one of my all time favorite books, and I've been wanting to read this graphic novel for ages... but budgets being tight, I can't justify buying at full price. $3.99 I can manage though! O_O

All of the books in this week's IMM post cost me less than $20 combined. Super awesome haul this week. 

SQUEEE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you about The Talisman! I know how excited that must've made you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally squeaked when I saw them. O_O There was a stack of like 5 them, and I was so tempted to get them ALL. But then sanity returned, and I reminded myself that I only needed one...

    Stupid sanity.

    ReplyDelete