Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Mailbox (10)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

Wow... It's been about a month since my last IMM post, and I've missed sharing my book acquisitions with everyone. So without further delay, here are my goodies! :D

You might remember late last year, the awesome people over at The Broke and the Bookish blog did a Secret Santa swap. This is what I got:
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
A whole buncha bookmarks  - some signed! Squee!

Here's what I received from a Secret Santa swap we did in one of my Goodreads Groups. I'm excited for both of these books:
Handling The Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist
Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Crusade (Crusade #1) by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie (Received ARC from Star Book Tours)

I actually received this one a while ago from my boss, but I plan on reading it soon and figured that I'd mention it. I hope it's awesome. :)
Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

Before I move on to the rest of my IMM post, I just thought I would share a little bit of the difficulties I face in getting decent pictures to share with you all. Bloopers, if you will. Uncooperative extras?

I'm talking about stuff like this: 

And this:

But it's worth it... Silly cats! :P

OK, let's get back to business!
You all know that I got a Nook for Christmas (well, pre-Christmas), right?... Well... I have a problem. By problem, I mean addiction. I've had my Nook for one month and three days, and I've already acquired 98 ebooks for it. Some are duplicates of what I already own in deadtree format, but lots are new. But... many were free. FREEEE! *dances around in free ebook bliss*

Sorry 'bout that. I'll wait while you all go wash out your eyes. 
Here's the list of my new ebooks (in no particular order):
  • Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
  • Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks
  • Beyond the Shadows by Brent Weeks
  • A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin
  • A Clash of Kings by GRRM
  • A Storm of Swords by GRRM
  • A Feast for Crows by GRRM
  • The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie
  • Before They Are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie
  • Last Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie
  • The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
  • Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
  • A Medicine for Melancholy by Ray Bradbury
  • All 11 of the Wheel of Time Series (plus short stories, etc) by Robert Jordan
  • Swan Song by Robert McCammon
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch
  • Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King (Currently Reading)
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings
  • Queen of Sorcery by David Eddings
  • Magician's Gambit by David Eddings
  • Castle of Wizardry by David Eddings
  • Enchanter's End Game by David Eddings
  • The Gateway (Harbinger of Doom 1) by Glenn Thater
  • Reaper by Rachel Vincent
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
  • DEAD(ish) by Naomi Kramer
  • The Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher
  • 10 Lost Vintage Sci-Fi Masterpieces by Various authors
  • Reckless by Cornelia Funke
  • Grimm's Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm
Whew! I think my keyboard is smoking. But how awesome is that?? I ♥ Nook!
Alrighty, that's what I got in my mailbox (since last time)... what did you get in yours? :)

5 comments:

  1. I love my Nook too! I LOVE the free options that they have and I love the anthologies that they offer in the device shop for like $.99. Glad you're enjoying it!

    That's quite a long list you got there. And your kitties are so incredibly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Eddings and Martin compare to Jordan and Goodkind?

    Happy reading and have a great week!
    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, Brandi, I've never read any of them yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh The Maze Runner! I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha...I have that problem with one of my cats as well. But my biggest problem is my baby...lol.

    I hope you enjoy your books! I got a few of the same ones (but you reminded me that I forgot to post about A Game of Thrones!). I guess I'm hoping I enjoy them too ;)

    ReplyDelete