Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quote: Little Bee by Chris Cleave

"The war was four years old. It had started the same month my son was born, and they'd grown up together. At first both of them were a huge shock and demanded constant attention but as each year went by, they became more autonomous and one could start to take one's eye off them for extended periods. Sometimes a particular event would cause me momentarily to look at one or the other of them -- my son, or the war -- with my full attention, and at times like these I would always think, Gosh, haven't you grown?"

-- Sarah
Little Bee by Chris Cleave

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this book. Wonderful quote too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jillian. I'm loving the book so far. I really like both Little Bee and Sarah's voices. I'm very curious what will happen... or what DID happen. :)

    ReplyDelete