Sunday, July 11, 2010

IMM (3) & What Are You Reading?... And what SHOULD I read??

"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren in which we can share the books that we've acquired that week. :)

"What are you Reading?" is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila from BookJourney where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will desist with all the fluff and just show what I got! :D

ARCs and For Review books:
This week I received quite a few ARCs and review copies, at least for me!
In the mail came:
The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch
Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure & Zan-Gah And The Beautiful Country by Allan Richard Shickman
and Blind Man's Alley by Justin Peacock



Bought:
A while back I bought Changeless, which is the sequel to Gail Carriger's Soulless (as if you didn't know). Can't wait for Blameless, too!


Upcoming this week:

I'm Currently Reading:
The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch

What I plan to read:
Ahh, well see, this is tricky!! I'm going on vacation to San Francisco for my brother's wedding starting Wendnesday... My mom has all sorts of activities planned for us to do, but the only one that is set in stone is an Alcatraz tour for Thursday. And since The Boy is staying home, I'll hopefully have lots of reading time! (Does that make me a terrible girlfriend?) Anyway, Wednesday should be a good reading day, since I have a 2 hour drive to The Airport Of The Cheapest Flights (and I'm not driving), and then a 8 hour flight, and then another hour long commute to the hotel.

Ahhh... blissful reading time.

Ahem. Excuse me. I was having a moment. *wipes daydream drool* So, right. What to bring! I have no idea. I am about 94.5% certain that I'll be reading The Passage by Justin Cronin on the outbound journey, even though it's a brick. What's better than than a great book to just lose yourself in for a day? And aren't bricks what tray tables were designed for??

Other than that, I have no idea... Maybe something light and fun like Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella? Or mindless? The Rising by Brian Keene or anything by Dean Koontz for that matter? Should I go with a fast-paced legal thriller and read Grisham? Or go with an old stand-by and take a King with me? (Oh, who am I kidding, I'll be bringing King. He's like my AmEx: I don't leave home without him.)

Suggestions welcome! I don't want to buy anything new, or bring a library book. I'm open to any suggestions of books that can be found on my Owned-Unread Goodreads Shelf. Leave me comments with what you think I should read and why! :D

So anywho... That's what I got In My Mailbox and What I'm reading this week... What about you? :)

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new books! I have Souless on my wishlist. I have a lot of books on my wishlist...lol You're new books look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Souless and Changeless in my TBR pile! Here is my IMM! Enjoy your books!

    The Unread Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! You have some sweet reading in your future! Here is what I got.

    ReplyDelete