Saturday, July 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (4)

"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren in which we can share the books that we've acquired that week. :)

This past week was pretty awesome for me! I had a great time in San Francisco and got to see Alcatraz and some great museums and just in general had a fantastic time not doing anything responsible at all. My brother's wedding was amazing, and everything went off without a hitch, even though they made me do a reading of the Irish Blessing... and if you know me, I'm not much for public speaking. But, he's my brother, so I let him live. This once. ;)

I am having technical difficulties with my internet provider at home, so I'm using free wifi at the moment, so no Pretty Kitty With Book ™ pictures this time... Sorry to disappoint. :P

Anyway, here's what I received in and around this week...

ARCs and For Review Copies



From Star Book Tours, I received ARCs of I Am Number Four & Hold Me Closer, Necromancer. Reviews of both coming soon! :)


From Penguin Publishing, I received Matched & The Replacement. I am SUPER excited for both of these, because I love dystopias (Matched) and horror (The Replacement). These are next on my list, and I've already started Matched. Pretty good so far! Also, both will be donated to Star Book Tours once I've read them, so if you're looking for a chance to read one of these, head on over and sign up! :)



From Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, I received The Turtle Catcher, which is a historical fiction novel taking place around WWI. I can't wait to read this one as well! :)

Everything Else


Won from The Book Scout, Claire de Lune! Really looking forward to this one! :)

 And last but not least, I couldn't visit Alcatraz without picking up a book about the place. I wish that I could have done the night tour there, it was awesome enough during the day, but at night, I bet it would have been amazing. But anyway, I grabbed a book about Alcatraz that was written by one of the inmates there, and then I found out that the author was actually there! He signed my book and chatted with me a little bit, which was really cool. I felt a little bad for him, because nobody else seemed interested in talking to him at all! I don't know how often he is there, but I was excited that he was there on the day I went. :)

So, that's what I got in my mailbox this week... what have you got in yours? :D

1 comment:

  1. I am really excited for Matched! Hurry and read so I can get on star tours ;)

    You have some great reading in your future. Here’s what I got

    ReplyDelete