Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bout Of Books Read-A-Thon Goal / Reading Plan 5/14-5/20

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Instead of doing my usual Reading Plan, at the last minute (as is usually my style) I've decided to join up for the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon!

I'm sure we're all used to my usual goal by now (Read 3 books a week to total 160 books in 2012), right? I rarely tend to meet it, but since I have a read-a-thon lending me its willpower, maybe I'll get there this week. Maybe.

The goal for the Read-A-Thon is to read at least 5 of the books below.

Potentials:

The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson
The Alloy of Law (Mistborn #4) by Brandon Sanderson
The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
Love and Freindship by Jane Austen
Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Glory In Death by J.D. Robb
Among Others by Jo Walton
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
M Is For Magic by Neil Gaiman

This week might not be my most productive reading-wise, despite my grandiose plans to read-a-thon it up, because work is sure to be crazy. I'm the "Unofficial Official" trainer for my team at work, and we have a new person starting on Monday for the 2nd week in a row, meaning that I'll need to train and keep up with my usual workload. But... that's the way it goes sometimes, and all the more reason to escape into bookworlds when I get home, right?

Right. :D

Anyone else participating in the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon? Let me know! I probably won't have much time to socialize between work and trying to get my goal finished, but if you comment here, I'll reciprocate! :D

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, you have some good ones there - The Lost Hero is one of my favorites! Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of books! Glad you decided to join us. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've never done the Bout of Books Read-a-thon before, only Dewey's 24 Hour one, and I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna Dressed in Blood! LOVED that book! :) Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely looking forward to that one, Amanda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mix-up of different titles! I am participating!

    ReplyDelete