Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I ♥ You... You Complete Me.


This week's Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish is themed:
Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters

Seriously? I'm supposed to narrow it down to only 10... of ALL TIME?? O_O

I can pick ten from the Harry Potter series alone! Watch: Ron, Snape, Fred, Hermione, Sirius, Harry, Dumbledore, Hagrid, Voldemort (what?), and Neville. See? Done.

OK. I can do this. *deep breath*

Here goes nothin'. I'm not gonna explain why I love these characters so much, because really, the answer would be "Because of the awesomeness!" for all of them.

- Eddie Dean / Dark Tower series by Stephen King
- Roland Deschain / Dark Tower series by Stephen King
- Jack Torrance / The Shining by Stephen King
- Ron Weasley / Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- Atticus Finch / To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

(Halfway already?? This is impossible!)

- Edmond Dantes / The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Marianne Dashwood / Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Aragorn / The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien

(Crap... Only two left... THE PRESSURE!!)

- Thomas Lang / The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie
- Tyrion Lannister / A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin

Oh man... I feel like I've betrayed so many awesome characters by leaving them off this list.
I still love you all, characters I didn't name. Really!

9 comments:

  1. Wow - you have quite a list of characters on there - and such variety. I thought I was the only Tyrion fan around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atticus is very popular on the lists today! And he deserves it - he's an amazing character. Great post, and you have a new follower as well! Would love it if you could check mine out: My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some good ones here :)
    New follower
    http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-all-time-favourite.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just like you, I also feel like I'm betraying a lot of the characters. Quite a witty post,and we have some in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya - Tyrion is the BEST!

    Michelle - Atticus has been a favorite (and role model) of mine for many, many years. Love him. :D

    Paula - Thanks!

    Barefoot - It's terrible. I had to just go with my gut, because otherwise, I'd STILL be trying to decide... I'm a character reader, and strong characters are my kryptonite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tyrion made my list too. God, how I love that Imp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly how you feel!!! Fantastic list. I chose Scout Finch...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel! It was so hard to pick just 10.. I always end up loving every character I read about :p I love your list!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh. Atticus. I have Scout on my list. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorite books. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete