Monday, April 30, 2012

April Reading Wrap Up

Books Read: 9
Difference from previous month: -6
Avg Rating: 3.20 Stars
Difference from previous month: -0.09 stars
Pages Read: 2,9877
Difference from previous month: -631 pages


Oh boy... April was even worse than March for reading. I read fewer books and overall liked them less... Here's hoping that May will be better!

For the Real Life Bookclub:

House Rules by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was very interesting and informative. It was my first Picoult book, and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was well-written, and intriguing, and that it fairly portrayed Asperger's Syndrome as well as how it would affect a family and a community. I definitely look forward to more of her books, now that I have an idea of what I can expect.

The Awesome:

The Alienist by Caleb Carr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great book, and I'm very glad I read it. There were great characters, a very interesting and perplexing series of horrific murders, and reasonable theories used to solve them. Add in the awesome detailing of 1890s New York city and its inhabitants, and their mindsets, appalling as they may have been, and this was definitely well worth reading.

The Good:

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So... Y'all know I'm a huge, huge Brandon Sanderson Stephen King fan, right? Because if I saw that man walking down the street, I would probably start babbling in adoration and drool all over myself in the most embarrassing way possible. I LOVE HIS BOOKS. Love.
(Yeah, I just copied this from last month's post about Brandon Sanderson... because it's just as apt for Stephen King as it was for BSands. Actually, more so. ♥)

I thought that this one was a good addition to the Dark Tower series, but I admit to wanting more with the ka-tet. This was more of a Mid-World/Multiverse story, and didn't do much to move the ka-tet along their path, but it was good, and worth reading nonetheless.

The Bad:

Children of Men by P.D. James
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

You may never, ever see this again from me, because it goes against pretty much everything I believe to be true... but in this case, I'm going to say it, because this book is the exception to the rule.

Just see the movie. It's more concise, more entertaining, more exciting, and more interesting. Plus Clive Owen. Win.

The Did Not Finish:

No DNFs this month... woo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment