Friday, October 8, 2010

Re-re-re-read-a-thon! ♫

OK, that was cheesy... But admit it, now it's stuck in your head, right? You're welcome. :)

Anywho... I have decided that I am going to participate in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon, which, as I'm sure you already know since I think every book blogger in the universe signed up, is tomorrow. While I was picking out books that I might like to read, my boyfriend asked what I was doing. I said, "Deciding which books I want to read for the read-a-thon tomorrow." He said, "Oh yeah, tomorrow's Saturday." LOL

Here's the stack of possibilities that made the cut, with a cat-shaped void in the background and a pair of floating eyes... Halloween's a-comin'! ;)

Top to bottom we have: 
UR by Stephen King (Audio on MP3 player)
The Gunslinger by Stephen King (Audio on MP3 player)
The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
Thinner by Stephen King
The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye
Holes by Louis Sachar
Mister Monday (The Keys to the Kingdom Book 1) by Garth Nix
Zan-Gah by A.R. Shickman
Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country by A. R. Shickman
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson

I have not decided on what I'm going to read yet. I know the only one that I have absolutely counted on is listening to UR, which is about 2 1/2 hours long - but I would really like to knock out the Zan-Gah books as well, since they are For Review copies. I'll give this my best shot! Wish me luck! :)

And if by chance you haven't signed up... it's not too late! :)

3 comments:

  1. nice :)

    and yes, it is stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices. The Ordinary Princess is such a great book! And I really enjoyed Looking for Alaska too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the places you will go today
    The people you will meet
    Your books will be your gateway
    Adventure your retreat.

    And if I may, I’ll follow
    As you read and read so more
    Until this day turns to the morrow
    Cheering you on with a loud exuberant roar!

    Best wishes onyour reading goals today!

    ReplyDelete