Sunday, October 10, 2010
Read-A-Thon Wrap Up: Yep, It's Over
I don't really think that I read all that much either, honestly. Not that I did much of anything else.. I wrote reviews on Goodreads of the books I read (which in hindsight probably did cut quite a bit into my time, even if they aren't long reviews), chatted with Allison from The Allure of Books on Google Chat off and on, and did some bloggy updates, and goofed around a bit, but most of the time I was reading.
I think that I will continue my readathon into today, unofficially, and see what I can pull out for a grand weekend total. Maybe not very much more, but I'll give it a shot!
Here's the final tally:
1) The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye - 4 stars
2) Zan-Gah: A Pre-Historic Adventure by A.R. Shickman - 2 stars
3) UR by Stephen King (Audiobook) - 4 stars
4) Holes by Louis Sachar - 4 stars
5) Started Looking for Alaska by John Green - but only got about 50 pages into it before I crashed. I really liked it though, so far.
Now here it is, 11am the next day, and while 4 books added to my tally in one day would normally please me, I feel like I could have done better had I been more focused. I think next time around, I will read only pleasure books, not try to fit in any review books, because I felt forced to finish the one review book I read, even though I was not feeling it. Lesson learned.
So today, I'm gonna read Looking for Alaska and go from there... After I get some Indian food though. The body needs fuel! :D