Sunday, June 20, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren in which we can share the books that we've acquired that week with the world -- or at least the little piece of it that reads my blog. :)

This is my first "official" In My Mailbox post. This should be short but sweet, since I didn't get all that much, but who cares about that? Look what I DID get!! :)


This is my "eldest child" Alfie, reading by osmosis. He's been hearing me talk about The Passage so much that he just had to see what all the fuss was about. You can tell it's good because of the slight glaze in his eyes... Reading good books does that to him.

In the pic we have:
  • The Passage by Justin Cronin - Need I say more? This is THE "IT" book right now, and all the cool people are reading it. I would totally be out of the "In" crowd if I don't read it. O_o (But really though - it's post-apocalyptic and I LOVE me some post-apocalyptic fiction!)
  • If I Stay by Gayle Forman - This was a spur of the moment decision in addition to The Passage. I grabbed it because I love me some "achingly beautiful" stories. I hope it lives up to that quote!!

I forgot to get a picture of this one, which is Boomsday by Christopher Buckley, so a regular google image will have to do. I picked this one up on a whim a while back from the bargain bin at B&N. I LOVE the movie "Thank You For Smoking", which is based on a Christopher Buckley book, so I decided to pick this one up. Looks intriguing!

So there you have it! That's what was in my mailbox this week, what was in yours?? :)

3 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about If I Stay and The Passage sounds like it would be right down my ally. I don't think that I have heard of Boomsday but I hope that you enjoy it.

    Here is my IMM if you are interested in swinging by my blog: http://terraonthebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/06/whats-on-bookshelf_20.html

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week: Happy Reading! Check out my IMMB if you want here

    PS-- Pretty kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, Alfie is too cute! I recently bought If I Stay as well, so I'll be curious to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete