Friday, September 3, 2010

Labor Day Read-a-Thon... Obligatory Official Starting Post

Here we go! My goal this weekend is to squeeze in as much reading as possible! 

First on the list is the remainder of my Harry Potter Re-Read: UK Edition, Half-blood Prince and Deathly Hallows.




 Next up, The Haunting of Hill House, which is our September group read in our Stephen King Fan group on Goodreads. This month we're doing a book that Stephen King would recommend for others to read, and I'm super excited it was chosen! This is one that I've wanted to read for a long time, and it's short, so I'm doing it, finally!

I'm one of those sheltered few who have never seen the movie(s), and aside from knowing that it's a story about a haunting (because it says so on the cover), I don't know anything about it at all. This is my first Shirley Jackson novel, and I must admit that I'm looking forward to it immensely. Thanks to Allison @ The Allure of Books for giving me a copy of this one! :D

Then, I dunno... I will see what jumps out at me... Ooh, probably Angels, Sinners and Demons, because it's an ebook, and I'm notoriously bad about reading ebooks on the computer and I should use this weekend to motivate me, but also because it will fit in with BOTH of the challenges I'm doing on Goodreads right now, and knock a review book off of my list, AND work for Smut-tember! SCORE!!!

Official Stats:
Starting Point - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Page 150

Time to get reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm late in joining, but I think I'm gonna give this read-a-thon a whirl! No way I can read non-stop (unfortunately) but I'll try and squeeze in as much reading time as I can. Happy reading,everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete