Sunday, September 12, 2010

Smut-tember Line-up and Progress Report

I've been a little slow getting this post up, but I like to take my time. *snicker*

I received Jackie's Box-o-Smut about a week ago, and I've chosen the 5 that I'm going to be reading. (She actually sent me 7 books, so that I'd have a variety, but I'll be donating the other two, so they don't count towards my mountain of To-Read books.)

I've also read a Smut-tember eligible book, which I'll count as a bonus in addition to the 5 I've chosen from what Jackie sent. More about that in a moment. First, let's see the goods that Jackie's sent to me. :D

Here's the full list:
  1. The Gilded Web by Mary Balogh
  2. Dangerous Tides by Christine Feehan
  3. The Bride by Julie Garwood
  4. The MacLean Groom by Kathleen Harrington
  5. Keeper of the Heart by Johanna Lindsey
  6. Mistress by Amanda Quick
  7. Wait Until Midnight by Amanda Quick
 I decided to go with the ones in bold. The Gilded Web looks interesting, but it seems to be the first in a trilogy, and I didn't want to risk being left hanging later. The Keeper of the Heart seems to be futuristic, and I much prefer historical type romances, if I'm going to read them at all. Let's hope I've chosen well!

So, on to my status report. I just finished Angels, Sinners and Madmen by Cate Masters, which definitely qualifies as a Smut-tember read. It had definite promise and potential, but I felt that the characters were a little flat. The lovin' was pretty steamy though, so that's a plus, although it was a little short-lived!

Pages: 183
Type: Historical
Steamy Scenes: 1
Steam Level: 6/10
Review: 2 Stars - Click for full review

But anyway, I have completed my first Smut-tember read. I feel accomplished! :D

If you're interested in joining the fun, pop on over to Jackie's Blog and sign up!

1 comment:

  1. Heya i am for the fіrst time here. I came aсrosѕ this board
    anԁ I in fіnding It tгuly useful & it helped me out a
    lot. I hоpe tο ρrovide something back and aid othегs liκe you aided me.
    My web-site Loans for Bad Credit

    ReplyDelete