Thursday, September 9, 2010

Post-Read-a-thon Slump

It's now 2 full days after my long weekend read-a-thon, and I feel like I haven't read anything at all since it ended! To be fair, my boyfriend's family is in town, so we've been visiting with them, and I've still had to work, but I feel very... unaccomplished.

Is it silly to judge my level of accomplishment in page counts?

I've read a few short stories in the Star Wars book that has been on my "Currently Reading" back-burner for about a zillion years, so that's something... but I'm not feeling those stories, so I'm just kinda... wanting it to be over. I'm definitely in a reading slump!

I'm also reading an ebook for review, Cate Masters' "Angels, Sinners and Madmen", which is a historical fiction romance type... It hasn't really grabbed me yet. I'm crossing my fingers that it does. I want to like it, but so far it's just OK.

And finally, in the hopes of dragging my butt out of this slump, I started "The Reapers Are The Angels" which is another review book that was sent my way because I enjoyed "The Passage". This one is about zombies, and one I was super-excited about, but I shuddered more at the use of "should of" instead of "should have" than any zombie action -- not that there has been much so far. But, I can never really overlook grammatical quirks like that... in the back of my mind I always wonder if it's on purpose or not... I think this case is on purpose though. It has a kind of informal feel, and the main character seems to be illiterate, so that could explain it. I'm only 10 pages in though... we shall see where it goes. The writing is very descriptive otherwise... except for "ketchup eggs" which I think was a bit much. And I'll just leave it at that.

Tomorrow I'm cooking for the family - Veggie lasagna, salad and garlic bread. Probably won't get much more reading in tomorrow either. But, it's not every day that they are in town, so giving up a little bit of our time isn't a problem. I'll just have to read extra fast to make up for lost time! ;)

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel! I participated in the read your own books read-a-thon a couple weeks ago, and it took my almost a week to want to pick up another book...

    I always feel bad too, that I'm not reading something. It makes me feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete