Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I will carry you through the hurricane waters...

Last September, the area I live in was severely flooded. I was evacuated, but I got lucky and my apartment was undamaged. Some of my friends were not so fortunate, and lost their homes, businesses, and everything they had in the flood waters. The rebuilding and recovery is still going on, and will be for some time. So this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is one that I've thought about, but am very glad I didn't have to act upon.

Search "NEPA Flood 2011" for more images. :(
I'd save...
  • My adult UK edition Harry Potter boxed set
  • My signed copies of the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
  • My signed ARC copy of Horns by Joe Hill
  • My signed copy of A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
  • My Collector's Edition copy of Under The Dome by Stephen King
  • Both of my copies of The Bachman Books (HC and ratty old PB -- what? It's special to me!)
  • My Dark Tower graphic novel collection (they're expensive, what?)
  • My ancient copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare
  • My leatherbound copies of The Complete Works of Poe & Douglas Adams
  • My Nook, Shadow. (What? You thought I'd forget him? Pfft!)
I know that's a lot more than 10 books, but it was hard enough narrowing it down to this many! Painful, even! All the Kings I left behind... *shudder*

So, leave me a comment and let me know what is too precious to you to lose... I'll try to leave some room in the boat. ;)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.

2 comments:

  1. This one hit close to home for me as well. My dad's house burned to the ground a couple of years ago, so there is not a baby picture of me in existence... For this reason, all my books are sentimental, but at the same time I had a hard time choosing anything that wasn't. Most books are replaceable in the end. Your list is great!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hopes and best wishes go out to all your friends. I'm glad that you at least were spared, but know how bittersweet that can seem when others were not as fortunate.

    On a brighter note I think your list is fantatic! My Mam reads more King than I do personally. However, I am RIGHT there on the Harry Potter and the Shakespeare.

    I forgot to put my nook, Byron, on my list. But since some of the books I couldn't do without are on him than I guess he was there by proxy. Hah! Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one naming my kindle.

    J

    ReplyDelete