Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Reading Plan: Week of February 13, 2012

Goal: Read 3 books a week to meet my goal of 160 books for 2012.

Update:
So I didn't get nearly as much reading done on my week off as I'd planned to. Isn't that always the way? *sigh*

I did finish 3 books though, so I'll count it as a success! I'm currently reading Kirinyaga and World Without End, and I'm taking them both slowly. Kirinyaga is different and I'm not sure how I feel about it at this point, but we'll see where it goes. Unfortunately, World Without End is basically Pillars of the Earth recycled with different character names. I'm not liking it nearly as much as I'd hoped. =\

Last week, I finished:
  • Bet Me - I loved it. Very funny and immensely enjoyable to read!
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go - This one was disappointing to me, unfortunately. Full review to be posted on Monday, or you can view it on Goodreads here.
  • Genesis - This again was a bit disappointing. The beginning was great, but rest, the readability, characterization and point, was not. It was very, very dry reading.
Coming up this week:

Kirinyaga by Mike Resnick
World Without End by Ken Follett
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

What is on the agenda for your reading list this week?

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog today, really cool, and I love your 2012 challenge, I’m sure you’ll nail it. You put me to shame , my goal is to read a measly 50 novels this year. So far I’ve read 13, and two of those were 800+ pages.
    I also see that you love Stephen King. Would you believe that I’ve never read any of his work! I have some sort of an extended edition of The Stand sitting on my shelf, but it comes in at around 1300 pages, so it’s a commitment. But I hear fans of his say it’s his best. I’m also going to read The Shining, this year, what others would you recommend.

    ReplyDelete